Monday, March 27, 2017

Day 1705: Victory Tour






Sadie, acrylic on journal page











Want music?







Click here for Michael McDonald
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Saturday evening as I emerged from my flu fog ...
I came into my work space to finish blog #1704 here
and to do "Dottie", the cover art, also here.
Since adding blog music I put it on to test the link 
& usually just let in run while I work.
It morphed artists & was on Michael Jackson here ...
when I thought back to 1984 when WW's Dad, Thor, drove us
& the 11 year old WW & Daughter #2 to Dodger Stadium.
I have a picture of WW & D2 in braces & smiling all the way,
but they are both stronger than me & would kill me if I used it.
I wonder if they remember our VW bus pulling up 
to the stadium in between lines of shiny limousines?





We were there to see
MICHAEL JACKSON & the Victory Tour.





Backstory: the tickets were offered through a lottery system.
$56 mail order each, mailed with the newspaper coupon, 
and then wait to be selected. No guarantee.
For once in my life I jumped on it! 
We bought, mailed & waited.
We were selected ... 4 tickets, 3rd row center!






So close, we knew we were really lucky.
We could see Diana Ross off stage & other celebrities.





So tonight, all of a sudden listening to MJ song after song, 
I was transported back to that magical night.
Isn't it funny what music can do?










Sunday, first day up after the flu bug battle ...
 

I did make it to the 2nd day of the 2 day class & I have
66 photos ready to process for Tuesday's Day#1706 blog.
Hope you'll stop by then?
Hey, how was your weekend?















A smile for Monday ...





No comments: