Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day 1701: How to tell when you're hard up for a blog topic?





lai, ink, watercolor & collage










Want music?




Click here for Stevie Wonder
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








So this is how you tell when you're hard up for a daily blog topic ...
on day 1701, after 1700 continuous posts ...
I spent way too much of my day at urgent care.




I looked up urgent ...  ur·gent/ˈərjənt/ (adjective)
(of a state or situation) requiring immediate action or attention.
That doesn't seem to fit my day?




(Probably TMI, feel free to skip) Backstory: 
I had a little fall Sunday afternoon, just my clumsiness.
I am equipped with ample padding, so falls are not a problem.
At 3 AM my left ankle, the only body part 
without padding, wreaked with pain.
I woke to see it swollen & noticed the tiny wood burn from the fall.
I hobbled for ice, wondering if I should go to ER, could I drive etc.
I iced it, took 2 excedrin & went to sleep. 
Monday was my lunch with WonderWoman & it felt okay.
We walked a lot and it was a great day.
That night it was swollen but no pain. 
WW wanted me to have an x-ray, so I called Kaiser 
for an AM appointment. They were full.   
So, I could do walk-in at Urgent Care.
 





At check-in they estimated  a 2 hour wait.
But then they sent me to x-ray.





then back to Urgent Care WAITING room ...





... a lot of waiting. I brought my book.





when I got taken into the examining room ...





 more waiting. So until she came in & I took pictures ... 




 & I finished my book.





Aww, poor ankle ... but good news.
No broken bones & it doesn't hurt.






And a first.






I am sure I had that same look leaving the lobby. Outta here!







Fresh air!
Does this make your day seem great?







 A side story: While in the waiting room today,  I ran into Scott.
We train together in Demura Sensei's day class. 
We are both normally there training right at this time. 
I decided to text Demura Sensei.






I wrote: "Hi Sensei! Scott and I are at Kaiser Urgent Care. 
He is getting his wrist checked from his fall yesterday. 
I am having my ankle x-rayed from a fall on Sunday. 
That's why we're not there for class today.
Did you miss us?"

Sensei's text reply: "I just notest you are not in class today."










Throwback Thursday



Demura Sensei's Super Summer Seminar, CM Dojo at CM High School, 1991












A smile for Thursday ...






No comments: