Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Day 1637: A short story.






diva, acrylic, china marker & watercolor journal page
















A quick story, not the one I originally intended but...
I came across an old license plate in the garage.
In the 80's, we had a new car, a Nissan 300 ZX!






We picked this personalized plate ...



 
The Japanese dictionary had said ... extravagance or luxury.
It was a Japanese sports car, a splurge so 
to us at the time, it seemed appropriate.
One day I was arriving at a tournament, 
and as I exited my car, a prominent Japanese Sensei 
looked at the license plate then at me and laughed.
Not a smile, or a chuckle, but a big long laugh.
Later he asked me if I knew what it meant?
I responded what I had read in the dictionary.
He said, "maybe sometimes, but more commonly 
it means spoiled."
Great!














A smile for Wednesday ...






No comments: