Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 1635: Tomorrow will be better.







airstream, photo transfer, collage & watercolor












Sick of being sick!
But I do thank some of you 
who have taken time to wish me well.
Believe me, I am more than ready to comply.
Tomorrow will be better.
Artist/friend Erin Houghton sent me this ...



Bentley & a geranioum


She sent it me, to "geranium girl".
And so I will re-post that story. Thanks Erin.


I originally told this little story on Day# 258, April 2013.




Decades ago, Demura Sensei pointed to a 
geranium on his desk ... and said to me,
"you like that flower".





 I said, "But Sensei, that's a geranium",
with the same intonation as if a weed.
"Yes, you like geranium!".





"Oh Sensei, can't I be a rose, or an orchid ...
or a tulip?" I pleaded.




"No,  you like geranium!".
I was crushed. 
I wanted to be something elegant or beautiful.





Later Sensei said, "No, that good. 
They don't need a lot of attention & they bloom easy."
And so, I guess I am a geranium.






Commercial for February 2017 ...



  
Destination Art is an Art Community of Artists 
in beautiful Old Town Torrance, come join us if you can.










A smile for Monday ...


(*may need to be a certain age to get this?)


No comments: