Monday, December 5, 2016

Day 1593: I vaguely remembered ordering something a long time ago ...







"Jim", step-by-step postcard, ink, watercolor & junk mail collage













Home from the 2 day sale Saturday night.
Tired from the week's preparations (I made too much).
The sale itself was festive & fun with fellow artists.
The best part, seeing friends even students!
But the sale ends, and you have to load up 
all  the stuff that you hoped would sell, 
& somehow pack it up, get it to & 
fit it into the little Honda hybrid.
Once home, unload everything into that yucked-up garage.
Poor sweet little car, still can't be in as usual.
I had mail, but ate dinner, did a quick blog (here) & done!
I mention this, because today I got around to my mail! 
And, I got this!






I vaguely remembered ordering something a long time ago.
Normally pretty frugal, I sometimes splurge. And, look!





It's my book wrapped in a real flour sack!
Cousin Katha, I immediately thought of you! You'd love it!



front cover


back cover

And inside ... amazing!





If you don't know about UPPERCASE magazine
it is a beautiful high-end, pricey, no ads, quarterly magazine.
I was lucky to be published in it, & now subscribe.

. . .

"UPPERCASE is a small, independent publisher of books and magazines for the creative and curious: products that spark the imagination and inspire creativity. Founded in 2009, UPPERCASE is loved by readers around the world and has been recognized for its design excellence.

PUBLISHER / EDITOR / DESIGNER JANINE VANGOOL


 

As publisher, editor and designer, 

I believe that everything 

I publish is an opportunity 

to create something special. 

Each magazine issue and book 

 has high production values and 

attention to detail. 

A playful exploration of creativity, 

an affinity for vintage ephemera, 

and a love of typography are some 

elements common to many of my 

publication."

The book covers history, uses, styles, patters & so much more.


Author, Linzee Kull McCray

Feed Sacks: The Colorful History of a Frugal Fabric

WRITTEN BY LINZEE KULL MCCRAY

Feed sacks are the perfect example of a utilitarian product turned into something beautiful. Author Linzee Kull McCray explores the history of the humble feed sack, from a plain burlap or cotton sack to exuberantly patterned and colorful bags that were re-purposed into frocks, aprons and quilts by thrifty housewives in the first half of the 20th century.














Isn't that the best? 
When you've ordered something but forgot & so it's like a gift!





Also, some of you ask how I come up with "stuff" daily?
Well I opened this box and said "yes!"
Eye candy, right?








A smile for Monday ...


(just because ... it seemed appropriate?)


1 comment:

Nocturnica said...

I love this, did you make it or order it?