Friday, November 18, 2016

Day 1576: Curated journals and a step by step!






"landscape" , ink, watercolor & junk mail collage postcard












Thursday was scheduled to work on my "rusty treasures" (see here)
& I did go out & look, but as you may know, I am ...


(or, anything else for that matter)


Do you do that? Jump to another task, or is it just me?
Also on my to-do list for the upcoming 2 day sale ...


(if you're near I hope you'll stop by?)



Pat bought all of my hand-curated journals a few years back, 
and has since moved to Florida, but she wrote me ...
asking if I would have journals at this year's sale?
I said probably not, so go figure?
 Five done & maybe 5 more.
I'll show them on a future day, after they are bound.







So a very quick step-by-step postcard ...


find today's face, second from upper left

Step 1. Using an ink brush on heavy watercolor 4x6" postcard.


find today's face, upper right

2. Using watercolor sparingly to shade the face.

3. Add more watercolor for background, (forgot to take a photo)


girl 16



4. Add collage papers for hair or wherever needed.
Note: I unintentionally used a water-soluble ink brush,
so got some bleeding, which is okay with me.


girl 8
Girl 16's older sister wanted to make an appearance,
there seems to be a family resemblance, but
maybe she's a bit more fashion forward?








A smile for Friday ...




No comments: