Thursday, November 10, 2016

Day 1568: Another day, but different.




"Clara", ink, watercolor, & junk mail collage on journal page










A beautiful 95 degree November day in Irvine, CA.





Wednesday & Thursday I am teaching at
California State University Fullerton, Irvine Campus.
I park in a sea of cars & see a student smile at me, as ...
she sees me taking a picture of the ground!





And then a self - portrait.



 
I guess you could say I am easily amused? Or, amusing?





On my way to Professor Dru Maurer's CSUF art classes.
Future art educators, she allows me to let them play.





We started with a series of drawing assignments ...
using their choice of one of six faces ...




drawing quickly with a marker & non-dominant hand ...
 

by Jennifer, Ashley & Sarah

the emphasis was not on realism, but
instead on child-like freedom & fun.




then adding papers as collage ...




and more play.
 

by Kyle, Andrew & Thuy

by Karolinna & Sonia

by Haylee & Antonella

by unknown & Berry

by Deanna

by Rose & Amy



A brief demo on "stamp people" ...






studenrts were given a postage stamp & 6x24" paper ...




they were asked to exaggerate proportions ...




and have fun!



 
 Vertical or horizontal ...
 

horizontal work in progress, by Kyle
 
& it could be folded and attached in their sketchbook.





A really great group.
A fun 2-1/2 hour class, many works still in progress.
I was most pleased by their individuality.
Thank you Professor Maurer!








 For FB Throwback Thursday ...


age 4 (100 years ago)






A smile for Thursday ...




No comments: