Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day 1420: Get thee to thy journal ...






"Chaos", graphite & collage in altered journal spread.













I have kept journals in different forms & formats 
for many, many years.
Officially working now in journal #87.



some of my journals



But there were many before that ...
notebooks, diaries, lost, unappreciated & discarded.
It has always been a safe place for expression.



journal written spread


Initially just writing, but in the past 20 years ... 




journal page

pages & pages of "anything goes"!



six journal spreads




Looking back, I can almost feel the emotions of each page.




journal page




So today, when I am still heavy-hearted ...
and wanting to vegetate ...
I will play and take solace in my journal.



"Chaos", graphite & collage in altered journal spread.



It may not be pretty, but it helps.
A sort of therapy?










A thought for Wednesday ...




  
 

No comments: