Sunday, May 15, 2016

Day 1389: Talking and when it's too much?







memories, photo, collage & digital
















Thursday was the 2nd of the 4 week series at Catalyst.


homework by Connie


We had a lot of projects planned for the 2-1/2 hour class.





Some quick drawings under various handicaps ...




some quick writing using test as a design element.






A 5 minute collage face or design ...
the results were free, fresh and fun.


collage text journal page by Valerie

Tearing paper into letters for text ...
all part of loosening up.



collage text journal page by Carrol


Then, a 10 minute (or less) collage face or image
on a provided finished background.
(actually annual report covers done for clients long ago) ...



10 minute collage face by Marilyn



10 minute collage face by Carrol



10 minute collage face by Linda



10 minute collage face by Valerie


And lastly,  starting with a photo-copied face ...





approximately 7" with instructions to tear into 1/3  to 1/2 ...







to adhere part of the face to a journal page and add collage ...
gesso, acrylic, markers or whatever felt right.
(the unused parts could be saved for future use).


by Valerie


I was thrilled with their results ...



work in progress by Linda

unusual but fun!


 journal page by Marilyn


What do you think? Does anything look like fun to you?
We still have two more classes and room for you if you're in town?




Mixed Media Art Journal
Thursdays May 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2016 -- 10:00AM to 12:30PM
During this class create a art journal with a wide range of media. Play with acrylic paint markers, acrylic paint, watersoluble color pencils, graphite, collage and more. Artist Jacki Long will demonstrate a different technique each class. This class will kick start your creativity!
REGISTRATION: $140 for the series -OR- $40 per class. Ages 16+. Skill Level: All.
Limited seats are available for these classes, so sign up today!







just a thought ...


When I take a class I am mostly quiet. A listener & observer.
I like to listen and take in the essence of the class & group.
I am kinda quiet by nature, shy, socially-backward even?
As a little girl, I remember my Dad telling his friend ...
"she's quiet but she's always thinking."
I always wondered how he knew that?
However, when I teach I know I am not quiet.
I mentioned to Carrol that I do talk & demo, but not a lot.
She laughed and laughed, and since she is very smart,
that made me reconsider ...
maybe I am one of those who talk more than necessary?
Or, maybe I am like my Mother-in-law who said ...
when there was silence she felt an obligation to fill it up.
I'll have to think on that.








A smile for Sunday ...


(chicken pie)







No comments: