Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 1060: Yardwork and Superman ...





"Ruby", acrylic & collage on canvas








A perfect day here in SoCal ... 






this is the view from my yard ...
85 degrees, blue skies, no clouds and no plans ...
I was just about to go in and take a shower when ...
I looked down at all the accumulated pine needles ...
the pine trees are three stories high and shed!
Then a voice in my head said "clean up your yard,
then you will deserve that shower."
Three hours, two huge trash bags later ...
and I really did earn that shower! TMI?







I want to wish Superman a great Father's Day!
Let me go back a bit. I met Superman 23 years ago.
I didn't know him by that name yet.
He loved my only child, so I loved him too.


    



On this evening (above), he invited his parents, 
her parents and her grandfather to 
Las Brisas in Laguna Beach for her 21st birthday,
where he got down on one knee and proposed 
in front of his family and the entire restaurant. 
Even people at nearby tables were crying.
  That says a lot about this man.







They were married almost 20 years ago.
 They are blessed with faith, a great marriage and 3 terrific sons. 
That is when I learned his name.






Three sons who are blessed with a Dad who ...
loves their Mother & shows how a woman should be treated.
A Dad who can be stern or funny, who is there for them,
attends every game, leads & provides for their needs
and demands honesty, manners and effort.
Superman is a tough, loving Dad, but fair.











These three teenage Grand-hunks know this and adore him.
WonderWoman does too.













Happy Father's Day to all the Supermen out there!










A smile for Sunday ...






No comments: