Friday, May 8, 2015

Day 1016: She takes an 80 year old book and ...





"Even cowgirls get the blues", a fused collage









Last night at the HBAL meeting, I sat with some cool ladies.
One pointed to the small book in Carmen's lap.
I recognized it immediately.
It was an old 4x6" 1930 volume, 
that I gave out in a recent CATALYST journal class.
I gave everyone interested, a small book to turn into a journal.
The pages were old, porous and discolored with age.





I asked to look, and look what I found!






Carmen Leslie is a wonderful Seal Beach, CA artist ...





who has created a terrific journal ...





from a discarded 80 year old book.




I can't explain how thrilled I am ...




to see her talent and ...




and the fun she is having ...




and will continue to have.




Isn't it terrific?




The talent and skill ...




are all Carmen's.




So my only contribution is ...






is the book.
But, I am a huge fan!








A smile for Friday ...





No comments: