Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 1011: I call her Aurora ...





junk mail collage postcard











I've been a member of Huntington Beach Art League forever.








Okay, sixteen or seventeen years?
It's a great large group with amazing artists.
They host two shows each year.
The 2015 Open Show is May 4 - 29th at HB Library.
I have 3 entries, 1 mixed media and 2 computer-based art.
For the mixed media, I started from a sketch in my journal ...







and started work on the 24 x 24 x 3" heavy duty canvas.




(color shown too yellow-ish, poor camera work ;op)



Initially with black gesso ...







then acrylic ...







and added paper ...







as collage ...




(color shown too yellow-ish, poor camera work ;op)



Aurora.
Not exactly as I pictured, but okay.






A smile for Sunday ...






No comments: