Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 946: Sometimes you just get lucky ...





8" square for Thomas, acrylic, collage & china marker





A little over a year ago, I got lucky.
Washington artist John Arbuckle asked me if 
I would be part of a small round-robin journal group.
We had never met at that time, 
but I had closely followed his wonderful work & his blog.
I was flattered beyond belief but also intimidated.
All five artists were truly amazing.
So for six months we worked on six journals, mentioned here.
And, at different stages mentioned here,
here, here, here, and here.
That project finished, John started seven of us on a new venture.
Each month we make a square which folds inward,
small, compact, easy to mail,  folded in, it looks like this …






I just mailed mine to Thomas LaBadia today …






So in five more months, we will each have 7 squares
that will be joined to make a very unique journal.
I am not sure how yet, but John knows.
And I trust John!






A smile for Friday …




No comments: