Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 720: While they frolick and cavort ...




collage and photography, digitally blended


Okay, the humans are at the beach.





Cavorting and frolicking, no doubt.






Meanwhile, here at the homestead ...
the 4 granddogs and I are doing okay.
Maybe not frolicking and cavorting, but,
as my Dad would have said ... "holding down the fort!"
I have spent time preparing for tomorrow's class.
This requires a lot of stuff. A lot!






And I wanted to do a time check, seeing ...
how much I can do in the three hour time slot.
So while the granddogs nap, I played.
And in the process, decided ...
what was most important for the class.
Here are some samples  ...







These are mainly scraping samples ...







using sandpaper, steel wool, sand-blocks ...






sharp pens, needles, awls, screwdrivers etc. ...







some with textured surfaces underneath for pattern effects.






All on photographs that were not too special to begin with.






We will also work with chemicals and inks.





so, check back for more samples, soon.





A smile for Wednesday ....






No comments: