Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 611: Rusty scribbles ...



At the university, a hundred years ago ...
I had a drawing professor, Dr. Byron Shurtleff.
He was tough! He made us draw!
He required 50 drawing a week.
In a sketchbook, and he stamped each page ...
so you couldn't double-dip.
I mention him, because he is branded into my grey matter
because he cared and made us learn.
Isn't if funny how you appreciate the tough ones?
Now, a hundred years later I am on my MAC too much,
I do collage and tear paper, but rarely take time to draw.
Yesterday, I finished the RR journal project, so ...
decided to draw ...






in my small journal ...






from some faces in a magazine.






I call them irreverent sketches ...
not true to life, accurate or as good as I would like,
but I think Dr. Shurtleff would stamp the page.








A smile for Saturday ...



how cowlicks happen ...


No comments: