Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 516: I went to see Paradise!


I did.
Paradise is in Aliso Viejo, California!



I had an invitation to visit artist, Ferdos Kakoie Maleki!
The name Ferdos means Paradise, 
and she does it justice.




An extensive background in art and fashion instruction ...
has led to being a sought after encaustic artist.




Invited into her airy, well-stocked studio ...




I took pictures, but I must say
my photography doesn't do justice.




Layers and layers of pigment ...




and wax produce a depth of ...





stunning texture and colors ...




and a wonderful series.






A glimpse of a work in progress ...





and just a few of her three dimensional works ...





A wonderful afternoon with a gentle soul, 
a passionate artist,  yoga instructor, 
wife,  mother,  grandmother ...
and the essence of paradise.




Driving home on the "5" freeway at 4 mph ...




I had time to think about a great day.




Postnote: We got up to 8 mph.
Still,  a great day.



A smile for Tuesday ...


this may be "regional", as we have turbines in CA ...

No comments: