Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 417: Happy Birthday Sensei!



Demura Sensei's birthday was September 15th.
He celebrated it at the hombu dojo.



This isn't him celebrating, but it is ...
one of my favorite photos from a few years back.
Anybody remember stomach walks?



I have lots of favorites ...


by me  in 2000
but I woke up with this crazy idea that I would do a 
portrait canvas for Sensei today.



So I pulled up a photo, cropped to a square ...



sketched it into my journal from the screen ...



stared at the canvas and got scared. Blank canvas fear!



Now this was when I almost gave up.
So I ate lunch and came back to it.



I honestly tried to channel David Choe.
But I think he was on vacation.



Then I started to see Demura Sensei ...




What do you give the man who has everything?
 I wish this was better ... but as a 40 year student
I know Demura Sensei has great patience.
Happy Birthday Sensei!


Also, if you haven't seen the short 4 minute video trailer about the upcoming documentary movie, 
The Real Miyagi, (it's had over a million hits, and they are hoping it will hit 2,000,000) you can view it at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mppluZO5zDA and maybe pass it on to others?







No comments: