Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 344: Pure inspiration ...




My teacher once said to us that "life is ups and downs."
As he said this, he moved his hands in an undulating wave.


Demura Sensei


I have lived long enough to know that Sensei is right.
Though it seems to me, there are times ...
when there are tunnels under the lower waves.




Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji: Under the Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai


Recently, while in a tunnel, I came across Chuck Close.



I knew his work ...
but not about the artist.
Born a year before me, 
he is an American painter,
 photographer, photo-realist
famous for massive scale portraits.












A catastrophic spinal artery collapse in 1988 rendered him
paralyzed and a quadriplegic.  He continued painting 
and produces art sought after by museums and collectors.

And then I came across his amazing video:






Beautiful, originally aired on CBS Sunday Morning,
5 minutes, but you will be rewarded ... big time!

I personally have it bookmarked for inspiration ...
motivation and "snap-out-of-it" benefits.

I hope you'll check it out?





No comments: