Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 331: I have new neighbors ...



They moved in uninvited, but I like them a lot!



The little house has been empty for a very long time.




It's just outside my office window.



view from office

He/she sings like an angel in exchange for rent.

 I am not a birder. I like birds, but I know very little.
My Aunt Vonda loved birds, so that was my intro.





I googled, but the closest I found was this yellow warbler?
But that's not right.

My new neighbors are the size of a hummingbird.
They are that fast, but not as jerky in their movements.
They seem to prefer elegant swoops.
One is pale yellowish green, the other pale brown.
If memory serves me, the female is brown.
Their beaks are longer than that warbler, 
but maybe shorter than a hummingbird?





The tall pine trees have helped furnish their abode.

Also, they seems almost comfortable around me.
I can hear one sing as I write, it's just beautiful.

I have my camera ready to try to get a close-up,
but so far I have missed several opportunities. 
They are quick and I am not.





Welcome neighbors!



No comments: