Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 196: HBAL and Art!



For 14 years I have been lucky to be a member of HBAL
and tonight our guest demonstrator was Bernard Fallon.


Bernard Fallon grew up in England and graduated from the Liverpool College of Art 
and Leicester University's School of Photography. Painter, Photographer and Pastellist.



With pastels ...





a Santa Fe photograph ...






and a full house ...





Bernard explained how to

improve on a so-so photograph.





The monthly demonstrator donates artwork for the

 HBAL scholarship raffle. 












Bernard Fallon signs the raffle prize.






The monthly demonstrator also judges the art

submitted by HBAL members in six categories, 

plus Masters and Best of Show. I took pictures of a few ...


Best of Show ... Eileen McCullough


Drawing/Pastel ... Marj Lightle


Suzanne Droney

Digital/Photography ... jacki long



Mixed Media division ... Gloria Walter



Digital/Photography division ... Frank Oliveri




8 comments:

Judy Todd said...

You really captured it, Jacki. Can Dan post a link on the HBAL FB page?
Judy

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Judy! Of course, I'd be honored to be linked, and feel free to use any photos. I will get over to FB soon, and will like it! ;o) Thanks again.

Dan Kee said...

Just posted the link to this blog post on the HBAL's Facebook page. Yes, you really captured our evening--Thanks!

Dan Kee said...

Yes, you really captured the evening's events! Link to this blog post is now posted on the HBAL's Facebook Page. Thanks, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you Dan, I just visited and "liked" the HBAL FB page, Great idea and nice to have a gathering point. Thanks for taking this on.
BTW? Is the last photograph posted in my blog, yours?? I felt bad that two of the pictures I posted, I didn't know the artist to credit?
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Congratz! Jacki-San

Eric & Emi

Dan Kee said...

No, the last photo was not mine (thanks for asking). Sorry about the duplicate comment posts (I didn't think the first one went through). Here is a link to my Blogger site:
http://dwkee.blogspot.com

jacki long said...

No! thanks Dan. I don't often get comments, so feel free to double up anytime. ;o)
I have just read all your posts and they are inspiring. I like the notes at the bottom, and how I can click to enlarge the great photos. I don't know how to do that yet. And, I like the popular posts list on the right. How long have you been blogging? Thanks again.