Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 174: Gratitude and Brandon ...



They say gratitude, appreciation or thankfulness 
is a feeling or attitude in acknowledgement 
of a benefit one has received. 



I am grateful for Brandon.
Brandon took time yesterday to help me... 
with technical stuff for my computer.
He's a busy professional, husband and father.
Yet he took 90 minutes after a long day's work
and actually solved all my problems. 
As I marveled at his expertise, I realized ...
why I didn't kill him as a moody teenager!


Brandon (3rd from left)

Brandon started class at age 7.
His Dad, Craig started adult class then too.


Brandon (2nd from left, front row)
A reluctant competitor, 
but AAU national champion at age 8.
Soon there were sisters, Megan and Julie.
Then Uncle Mark, cousins Tosh and Chad.
And, Uncle Scott, cousins Matthew and Brett.
Brandon's Grandma and Grandpa attended every event.
I love this family.
I'm still trying to get them to adopt me.



Brandon (5th from left, second row)
He grew up over the twenty seven years ...





Brandon trained through high school ...
and except for spare attendance while at UCI






he still does, with sister Megan ...


Always has been so kind to sisters Julie and Megan ...



Fun to be with ...


 life of the party!




Noelle, Courtney, Brandon
Dedicated kangeiko warrior
and ...
family man.















and ni-dan with Demura Shihan.

Thank you Brandon!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jacki - I just wanted to give you a quick shout out to let you know I visited. I like your blog; it was a relaxing "visit". : ) Although I am not really a 'surf-n-network' kinda guy, I will make sure to stop by again at some point. I think of you often, and will forever be thankful for your instrumental role in transforming Rachel from the girl with the 'squeeky kiai' to the young woman of confidence and focus that she is today. As Arnie said, "I'll be back!" : ) Take care. - ed.

janine said...

Hi Jacki: Ok...so I'm already a bit emotional today so when I was reading your blog about Brandon I almost crumpled into tears. Brandon is one of those people (you know, you're one of them) who is very purposeful about giving a kind word, returning an e-mail w a requested picture of Noelle, noticing if you're having a bady day.
I just bet he made your day fixing your computer (bc that is LOVE!) and I bet you made his day too with your beautifully presented blog all about him. PS Doesn't Megan look ever so adorable w her new cut!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Janine. I guess I am not so secure, as I just love to get comments. You are so kind to write and it pleases me that you like the blog? I do enjoy doing it, even though it is as random as it is. I rarely know what the next blog will be, so it's fun to see what pops up each day. Take good care and thanks again for taking the time to comment.

jacki long said...

Wow Ed! Thanks so much for taking time to comment, it means a lot to me and especially from you because you're not prone to this type of thing. ;op I am so glad you are back in class when your schedule allows, you make class better when you are in it. And, as you know, I am a big "Rachel fan"! Any role I had in the amazing life of your Rachel was small, but pure pleasure on my part. Thanks for trusting her to me over the years. Thanks again, and I am hoping you will visit again?

Kay said...

Thank you Jacki for sharing this story about Brandon. I thank God everyday that he and my daughter found each other. He has enriched our lives with his big heart and warm smile. He is indeed an exceptional man. You bring tears to my eyes with your affection for him. He truly honors you as a mentor in his life. You too, are an amazing spirit.

Anonymous said...

My how time flys when your having fun...
Its like it was yesterday when Brandon was a litte fella...(Not so little anymore) and here we all are... alot older.... alot slower.... alot heavier <---(applies to me).. heh..
Um... ok.... not alot of hair here... So I guess thats one area I have not gained in.
Thanks for posting the pictures Jacki... Its good to see Brandon as a fine, strong, hard working family man. I havent seen alot of ppl since I moved away over 20 years ago so It does my heart good to see them as they are now. God Bless,

Bud Arbuckle
Spokane WA

jacki long said...

Thank You Bud! I love hearing from you and so glad you liked the blog. The old photos do come in handy! ;o) Thanks for visiting the blog, when time allows, I hope you'll stop by again?

Branmuffin said...

Geez...everyone's so nice! Thank you all for the kind words. Wow, Bud!!! It's been forever!!! I hope you're doing well, and let us know if you're ever in the area and can stop by!

jacki long said...

Of course they are nice to you Brandon, you're special! Even when you had green or purple hair and hypnotic contacts, always special! ;oD

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I resemble a person in a few of these photos. :) So crazy to now see Brandon all grown up! Weird how the human brain can keep somebody the age you last saw them indefinitely.

Love the blog Jacki! Glad to see you still so passionate about art!

-Josh

jacki long said...

Thank you Josh for commenting, you made my day! Yes, it's true our mind does work that way. Ever so often I come across old photos that are just too good not to use again. Thanks again and take good care. I hope you'll visit again?