Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 140: Still celebrating?



Still celebrating? Why yes I am.


18315 Brookhurst Street #1, Fountain Valley, CA 92708 

Erin took me to Shin Sen Gumi!
One of my favorite places to eat.


There are twelve, but we went to Fountain Valley.



Their specialty is Hakata Ramen, and much more.



We sat at the counter.
To get the feel of Shin Sen Gumi, watch this.



This was my view from the counter.



Hot tea on a cold, gray day ... mmm.




Great potato salad ... second only
to June Nomura's.



This is Takana rice, a special blend. Oh my!
You don't have to use that much ginger, but we do.
It is on the meal that I want for my last supper.



This is my ramen, halfway, before it disappeared.
If this doesn't make you hungry ...
check your pulse!



I guess you can tell, I am a fan!



3 comments:

Branmuffin said...

Yay!!! I love SSG!!! The ramen style is Hakata, and the fried rice is takana fried rice. Best ramen ever!!! (Oh and always, always get spicy miso!)

Branmuffin said...

Yay!!! I love SSG!!! The ramen style is Hakata, and the fried rice is takana fried rice. Best ramen ever!!! (Oh and always, always get spicy miso!)

jacki long said...

Yay, a comment! Thanks Brandon!
I think you and James took me there my first time a while ago, and I go as often as I can. I love SSG too!
And, I will make the correction. ;o) Thanks!