Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 122: Riverside lights!



It was 5 PM and I was wondering where 
my blog was going to come from today?
I didn't do black friday. 
I did finish two jobs and got them to clients. 
Then put on tv news. And there was Day 122 blog!


The Mission Inn, Riverside, CA is spectacular any day of the year.




Interior view of Main building






It started as a two-story adobe guest house built by Christopher Columbus Miller in 1876. In 1902 his son Frank started adding
on in a variety of styles until his death in 1935.  Drawing from
Moorish Revival,  Spanish Colonial,  Renaissance Revival and
Mediterranean Revival styles of architecture. There's so much  more to the Inn history, but I want to tell you about today!

This is a big deal here, the local news featured the countdown ...



Five minutes of fireworks ...

           
              


Having lived in Riverside, I have enjoyed the beautiful Inn, 
in person, even taken a tour of the catacombs beneath the Inn! What a gorgeous local treasure and I love the tradition.


You tube has video of the lighting from last year,
and by the time you read this, maybe 2012 too?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the photos

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Michael, the photos are all from their website. I have been there, but not lately. ;o(
Thanks for taking time to comment, made me smile! ;o)