Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 106: A Zov lunch date ...


Up early this morning to work on the project at hand.
Then a 2PM late lunch date with Brandy.

Not just any eatery, but Zov's!



Founded  in 1987 by Chef Zov Karamardian.
















We both ordered my favorite ...




Zov's signature Angel Hair Pasta.
Roma tomatoes, chopped parsley, basil, toasted pine nuts, garlic, feta and Parmesan cheese

And, for once, I took the picture before I ate.







Not so for the roll or decadent dessert from the bakery.

Brandy is a petite little thing, so coconut cake was in order.

I am not, but I was coerced into trying the key lime tart.











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacki, You're so special and you've become a dear friend. We have so many places to dine and discuss art and photography, cats and dogs, family and food, all the exciting and unexciting, past and present life events. I love your blog. It is resourceful and shows such versatility, I haven't missed a day.
XOXO Brandy

Anonymous said...

Awwww. No pictures of the desserts. Sounds exquisite though, key lime tart.

jacki long said...

Thanks Brandy! Wow! What a cool comment and I ditto it right back to you. It was a great afternoon, thank you!
jacki

jacki long said...

Thanks Henry! I am sorry, I always forget to take pictures until after I have demolished it! I still have some of the lemon tart in the frig, it is so rich, I think it will last a few days! :o) I am going to e-mail you a not-sogood photo of what's left. It was so beautiful in presentation!

Marilyn said...

Oaky, when are we going to Zov's? It's one of my very favorites!

jacki long said...

Me too, Marilyn! It's a little pricey for my budget, but well worth the splurge once in a while. Let's do it!