Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 102: Off to Surf City!








Today was the final take-in for HBAL Annual Members Show.
So I drove to Surf City. Huntington Beach Library to be specific.



A beautiful facility, adjacent to an amazing sports park.





Appreciated and well-used, the library is built
on three levels over standing pools and near a lake.



Stunning concrete architecture. Fountains and plants thrive.


Marj Lightle and Jane Ice, important part of HBAL take-in crew.


Huntington Beach Art League has at least two shows here yearly.




Volunteers, under Sylvia Chase, starting to hang the show.
The judge would come later to decide the juried event.
I took a few shots of mixed media entries before I left,


Norm Jacky,  mixed media
jacki long,  mixed media


Francesca Brayton,  mixed media




As I left the library, I thought I would show you a part of the 
many parking areas which are covered with solar panels.
If you're in the area, a great place to visit.
  


No comments: