Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 27: Brandy for Cats ?


I thought that might get your attention. 

Actually, it's cats for Brandy.  I met Brandy in one of my classes, and we were instant friends.  This happens more often that you would guess.  Brandy is the ultimate cat lady, but a sane one.  
She later commissioned me to do three cats on canvas for her amazing home.




Brandy had had a cat called Mistoffelees.  So, with a photo in hand,  I started on my first realistic collage, of anything.  He started out okay, as shown above, but darned if I can find  a 
picture of the finished Mistoffelees.  As is my habit, I made five canvases for Brandy to choose three.





     







.




The canvases were collaged with magazines, tissue and just a touch of ink and gesso.




Not clear in the photo, but the above canvas says, 
"Sometimes a cat can take over your life."





"Alpha cat" just happened and demanded the name.





Finally, I stumbled across this word, 
and made this for Brandy, just because.






2 comments:

Karen&Jack said...

love the cat collages,I'm a cat person with a fairly new kitten,she was born in late Feb.,Bella is her name. Our last kitty we had 17 and a half years and I really forgot what a kitten was like!

jacki long said...

Thanks Karen. Kittens are adorable.
My last car was a rescue siamese that we had in YL, and she also made it to 17 years. I now get my animal fix when I am Erin's with her 4 dogs. Enjoy the kitty. ;o)