Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 20: How about a trip to the beach?


Living in Southern California, we are blessed with a myriad of adventures for the bidding.  It's hot today, so how about a visit to Crystal Cove?




The park site says 3.2 miles of beach, 2,400 acres of undeveloped woodland, popular for hiking, mountain bikers  and horseback riding.  The offshore waters are designated as an underwater park for scuba divers.  Popular with visitors who explore tide pools and sandy coves.




I would say Crystal Cove is not flashy. You have to work a little to get here. The surrounding buildings show their age and  a relaxed vibe appeals to the purist. 



















  
Though not widely known, the beach has rental cottages that are aged, flawed and wonderful.  Renting one is not an easy task.


Once on the beach, there is a popular restaurant, usually requiring a wait.  But, what a place to wait.




This last photo is for me. I realize it could be anywhere, but it is Crystal Cove, and I love it.









8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Now how did you do these images side by side and imposed over another? Is it a layout? I love it!

Roberto Torres said...

This is great, Jacki! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to go to the crystal cove! I don't know if I could do the three miles though :/
These pictures are beautiful!

jacki long said...

Isn't it neat, Marilyn? I'd love to take credit, but it just happened when I moved the second picture and the text popped in place ... I was thrilled. Now if I just knew how to do it again. ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks for looking, Roberto!
Your comment is so encouraging to me.
I hope you'll check in again when you have time?

jacki long said...

Thanks for looking Kelly!

I think you'd really enjoy Crystal Cove. There was a shuttle from the parking lot to near the beach area, so you don't have to hike if you don't want to. I have more photos of there, so I may do another day of Crystal Cove.

I love that you made comments and I am hoping you'll look again when your schedule allows. When do you start school?

monica lopez said...

what a beautiful day for picture taking, all these years I've been living here never been there,and it's so close. <3

jacki long said...

Oh Monica, you've got to remedy that, soon!
It's not the easiest access, but that's probably what has saved it. Let me know what you think when you go?
Thanks for stopping by the blog, I really appreciate your feedback.