Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 17: Green sludge and an earthquake ...

Day 17:  Green sludge and an earthquake ...


Last night I was on my couch, sorting through some files as I watched the Olympics. You know as much as I looked forward to, and have enjoyed watching the Olympics, they have taken a big chunk out of my time. Just saying.  Anyway, at 11:40 PM I felt a rumbling. I hesitated for just a nano-second to see if it was going to increase in intensity, then continued on. We are a strange breed in this state of "shake, rattle and roll."



This morning I am drinking my green sludge. In my attempt to eat healthier and possibly shed some adipose tissue, I am preparing energy blitzes. Today's was kale, spinach, cucumber, strawberries, and a dollop of low fat peanut butter. It is supposed to be cashews, but @ $7. a pound, I balked.  So,  this mixture is whirled into this army-green colored sludge. It looked like it came from my car engine, but it tastes okay. Think thick olive green V-8.  I just took a picture for you, but it looks worse than it is.



Another earthquake shook us as I sit at the computer. Again, I assess the intensity and continue. But now, it creeps in and out of my consciousness. Life in California. ;o)
  

FYI:


The US Geological Survey says the 9:33 a.m. (16:33 GMT) Wednesday quake had a preliminary magnitude of 4.1 and was centered near the Orange County city of Yorba Linda. The quake was initially measured at magnitude-4.5.  A magnitude 4.4 quake centered in the same area struck late Tuesday night. No damage was reported. Yorba Linda is about 35 miles (56 kilometers) southeast of downtown Los Angeles.



Post a Comment