Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 16: Work to be done ...

Day 16:  Work to be done ...



Once in a while, I have a request, or a commissioned art work.  I am blessed with some kind, patient clients. Several years ago Jane bought "Violet" and took her home.




A year or two later, she bought "Sisters 2" 
to take home and join "Violet".




Since then, Jane has asked for another "Sisters", 
for her sister, and knowing it won't be the same.




I wanted to do a couple of versions for Jane to pick from. 
My first attempt is "Drama Sisters".  I haven't shown this one yet, 
as I want present a selection.  Yesterday I sketched a vintage version ...




It isn't finished, but I thought you might like to see it in progress? 



I start with sewing pattern tissue and block  out my shapes.




Then I start to add in color. 
It has advanced a little beyond this, 
but I will save the updates for a future blog. 

Did I mention that I am desperate for comments?




9 comments:

Courtney said...

Gorgeous work!!!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Marilyn said...

The sisters are wonderful. i really like your sketches of them too. Your blog is looking really good!

jacki long said...

Thanks Courtney and Marilyn!

I will post again as soon as I have more progress.
I have been side-tracked with another job that will
take a couple of days. So the sisters wait. ;0)
Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Just got a chance to peruse the blog. Lucie loves Violet, but also fancies the sister with the stars on her face. Great work! Sheryl

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Sheryl, that means so much coming from Lucie, as I know she has an artist's heart! Thank you for looking, I hope you'll check in when you can.

Karen&Jack said...

Your blog is great,love the collages!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Karen!

I really, really appreciate your taking time to comment and I hope you'll check in again when time allows?

Thanks, jacki

Unknown said...

I really liked the vintage sketch!! Keep posting pics of your progress. How long does it take to find all the material for your collages?

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Kelly,

I love doing collages, and I love collecting papers almost as much. Nothing is safe, besides magazines, and tissue paper, I use receipts, old letters, junk mail, newspaper and once in a while special washi paper. My studio is packed with more than I will ever use. You'll have to come visit sometime?