Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 12: Does teaching have side effects?


I come from a family of  teachers. And the one thing I was sure of,  
I didn't want to be a teacher.  All four of my Aunts were great  teachers.  
Three of their four daughters were great  teachers.  And,  
I am a teacher.

As most people agree,  teachers are not high salaried.   
But, I think many  will tell you, there are some side effects 
to this profession.  I call them benefits. 





Today, after taking day class with four of my former students, I went to lunch with two of these young adults.  I've watched them since they were nine years old,  and now to be able to watch them grow up.



Priceless!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog, Jacki! You are so talented! I showed Jianna and the first thing she said was "When can we have lunch with Jacki??" Would love to see you again soon.
-Carol :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend!

Just checking in with my two cents. Your blog is interesting, full of art, well done. I look at it every day, even though I don't comment. Keep up the good work!

Love, Nancy

Steve vW said...

Hi,
I'll bet you get alot of mighty oaks from the acorns you've been planting...

Geri said...

Teaching is kind of light parenting - the pay isn't very good but the rewards are amazing! How wonderful to see your students grow. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have just started with iPhoneography and LOVE it - I can't wait to see how it evolves with all of the amazing apps and lenses. Just a side note, you are set up as a no-reply blogger. If you would like to change that I have a tutorial on my other blog HERE .

jacki long said...

Thanks Geri, I want to make it better, but I am such a newbie, I can't find my profile? I went to http://www.blogger.com/home, but couldn't figure out where to find profile?

Marilyn said...

Nice photo collage/montage.

Unknown said...

You are a GREAT teacher too Jacki! I'm glad I was able to see you! I'm a little disappointed you didn't use our silly pictures. =)

Can't wait to see you again.
Love you!

jacki long said...

Thanks Cheyenne! I still have the silly pictures, and they may show up at any time, so you'll have to check back often? Miss you!

Unknown said...

I know these two! Now I feel old :/

jacki long said...


Yes, you do know them! But, you are not old. Cheyenne is 21 and Jared is 24?

Thanks Kelly, for stopping by to read the blog. It's nice to know someone see it?