Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 9 : All Media 2012


Just home from this annual juried show at the Irvine Fine Arts Center. Tonight was the opening reception, and so 
I have tried to take photos to give you an idea of what I saw.






 It's a lovely facility,
with flowers and light refreshments. I forgot to take my food picture until after I had devoured most of my light refreshments. Note to self, eat after taking pictures.
                                                                   







I liked this small ceramic piece by Kazem Arshi, 6" x 5"  titled Tumbling Teapot  $375.


My favorite was a mixed media entry by Lisa Dallendorfer, titled "Staving off Dementia", 34" x 36" and $1200.


An intricate, elegant assemblage of 54 origami cubes, divided by dark bamboo poles and fastened with hanging threads and silver washers, supported by a minimal metal frame. The artist was kind enough to let me photograph. I should have mentioned that the paper used in making the cubes were "used" suduko puzzles, and so the variance in the colors was achieved by the age of the paper.




I am sorry that my photos do not do justice. I now know not to use Instagram on intricate subjects.





One more photo, titled "all gone" . . .



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to admit this, but I think the food picture is the best although this does make me want to do some suduko puzzles!

jacki long said...


Thanks Kelly. I am afraid my photography didn't do justice to the artwork, but I have learned more of what not to do since then. ;op

Thanks again! ;oD